REX 2 Anti drone systems – Drone Hunters
Kalashnikov’s Zala Aero Group unveiled the REX 2 Anti drone systems handheld counter-unmanned aerial vehicle (c-UAV) system at the Army 2019 defence exhibition being held in Kubinka close to Moscow on 25–30 June.
The Zala Aero Group, part of the Kalashnikov Concern, unveiled the Rex-2 handheld c-UAV system at Army 2019. (IHS Markit/Miko Vranic)
The compact handheld system features two UAV jamming pods at the front operating in 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz bands, respectively, frequencies generally associated with the Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS). Each pod is turned on by two separate switches situated on the top rear of the system’s main body. Rex-2 appears to be intended to spoof UAV navigation and control loops, which make extensive use of GNSS. The system’s suppression range is thought to be about 2 km.
The Rex-2 is fitted with an aftermarket M4 type side-folding polymer stock and the AGR-47 pistol grip with the Podium bipod on its base. An angled PTK Ergonomic Pointing Grip is fitted to the system’s forward underside. All this furniture is made by FAB Defense, the Israeli small arms accessories company.
The Rex-2 has a length of MIL-STD-1913 type, commonly known as Picatinny, on its top side, with two shorter lengths on the left side, onto which a variety of aiming scopes and ancillaries can be mounted. A further length of rail is available on the underside of the Rex-2’s forend and is fitted with the angled PTK grip.
In addition to an optional scope and video camera, a stroboscopic lamp and laser can be supplied with the Rex-2 and are fitted to the MIL-STD-1913 type rails, enabling an operator to dazzle UAVs’ electro-optical (EO) systems.
The means of electronic warfare suppresses the control channels between the operator and the drone, as well as the drone’s satellite navigation.
- The lightest and most compact suppression system in its class
- Activated by the push of a button
- Modular design of the complex allows the addition and replacement of suppression modules
- Ergonomic design and three-point harness for maximum ease of use
- Safe for human health
- Robust and durable with the aluminum housing
- Option to install additional suppression modules upon request
- Case with built-in microprocessor, charge indication, toggle switches and battery
- Suppression Module 2.4 GHz
- Suppression module 5.8 GHz
- Module of SNA suppression (GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BeiDou)
- External power supply module
- Tactical carrying strap
- Charging device
- Carrying case
|Size (L*W*H)||530 x 90 x 280 mm|
|Operating time||2 hr|
|Suppression radius of communication signals, control and data transmission (30°)||0,5 km|
|Signal suppression radius of satellite navigation systems: NAVSTAR (GPS), GLONASS, GALILEO, BeiDou (360°)||2 km|
|Operating temperature range||-40°C … +50°C|